Tuesday, April 08, 2008

BEERNADA: Letter to Wellington

Thanks to all who responded to our petition to save Wellington Imperial Stout from extinction. Your overwhelming response shows your passion for this beer and I think that the owners of Wellington are sure to respond in kind. Below is my letter to Wellington regarding the petition.
Stay tuned for their response. - Zak


Dear Wellington,


I would first like to introduce myself. I am Dr. Zak Aromyces, B.S.Ph.D., Minister of Booze and elected Acting Principal of the commonwealth of Beernada, a small island territory off the coast of Johnada (somewhere between Canada and the USA).


During a recent visit to your operations in Guelph, Ontario, representatives of all seven of Johnada's provinces (except Idaho), including myself, were made aware of the possibility that your Imperial Stout is in threat of extinction. As we consider your Imperial Stout to be the official ale of Brynnesota, our third and most endearing province, we enacted an age-old tradition by initializing a petition to preserve and protect your Imperial Stout from an untimely death.


It is with great pride that I present you with the results of our public petition, which was open to all readers of Beernada. I think you will find our campaign not only honorable, but overwhelmingly convincing in our plea for the preservation of Imperial Stout.
Here are the results of our petition:

"Anonymous said...
I love the Imperial Stout. Bring back the bottles. 5:38 PM"
"Anonymous Scott said...
I've never had the Imperial Stout, but I'd sign the petition. I like their other beers."

Should you feel the need for further discussion of this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at beernada@gmail.com.


Sincerely,

Zak

P.S. If you have any leftover casks, we offer disposal services free of charge. And, I wear a men's small t-shirt.

--
Dr. Zak Aromyces, B.S.Ph.D.

2 comments:

Mother Theresa said...

I'll be glad to sign the petition if you send me some Imperial Stout to try (I have to test it before committing myself to the cause).

Anonymous said...

What university did you get your degree from again?

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008