Saturday, May 03, 2008

MEMED AGAIN - What is a meme, again?

In this blog world, sometimes you get memed. I like getting memed, but I'm not entirely sure what it means to get memed? I guess it's like a pyramid scheme, but with good intentions.

When I told the First Lady that I'd been memed, she asked me if I was talking about the word Richard Dawkins coined in his book The Selfish Gene. (When you are married to an evolutionary biologists, somehow everything seems to come back to evolution. I guess this makes sense.) Apparently, memes are cultural units of information that follow Darwinian principles of natural selection and work their way through the technological world. I get my fill of hearing all about evolution in the natural world from you-know-who, so I'm not happy we're pushing things like this into the digital world. Plus, I don't like this Richard Dawkins guy. Just look at him up there with those rosy cheekbones. I bet he only wears sweaters, even in the summer.

Regardless of where it came from, meme is kind of a nice word to say, and I like to the sound of it (though I prefer the incorrect pronunciation - in my mind it rhymes with "tim" not "seem"). I also like it when other people seem interested in what you're doing. I just don't know why evolution and Mr. Dawkins have to seep their way into every aspect of my life.

Anyway I was kindly memed by (Mother) Theresa from the Rain in Spain to do the Six Word Memoir. According to the Six Word Memoir, I'm supposed to describe my blog or myself in six words. Then I'm supposed to ask five other bloggers to do it. I can't ask other people, because I'm much too shy/lazy, but I'm definitely going to do the memoir part because its' fun.

Johnada's Six Word Memoir: Man, Dog, Beersnob invade, conquer. Eh?

I think pretty much sums it up.

In other news, I've been feeling very, very bad lately. In fact, I imagine I sound a lot like a zombie frog right now. So before I pass out from sitting up too long, I'm going to have to end this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turning Canadian, eh?

Gary said...

Hey- sorry to hear your feeling bad. Here's hoping you rebound quickly eh?

And let me know if you want me to send you some of Taitai's foul tasting Chinese herbal medicines. Would be good to have someone to commiserate with...

Get better dude,

G

Anonymous said...

Zhu - I really think so.

Gary - I would have loved some foul tasting Chinese herbal medicines. Advil Cold and Sinus was not working!

beaverboosh said...

Thanks for the anthropological answer to why Canadians are they way they are... I shed tears of joy reading those 6 words!

Anonymous said...

that's dr. dawkins to you.

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008