Sunday, November 11, 2007

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT (Part I - The Big Ragu)

Last night we were in the Corsa Italia section of Toronto for dinner with friends (the Scientorian and the Mycologist, plus his parents). We ate at a place called the Big Ragu. It’s a small Italian bistro with a nice atmosphere. In the middle of our dinner, the guy pictured to the left stood up and started rambling about how much he loved the place, and how he’s a restaurant critic with his own show. Apparently, he wrote the first review of the Big Ragu a while back, and now he’s proud of their fourth anniversary blah, blah, blah. So I checked him out, and all that he said was true. He really took the opportunity to interrupt everyone, and at the time I thought it was annoying, but now that I've seen him in a chef's hat, I can't stay mad. He also helped create the Worlds Largest Multicultural Salad, though I didn’t notice it in the Guinness Book of World Records.

I liked the Big Ragu, but I didn’t love it. My pizza was just okay, though other people at the table seemed to have gotten some nice selections. The staff was great, and the chef/owner personally said hello to everyone who came in. Also, one of the waitresses really liked my jacket, and, with Johnada, flattery will get you everywhere.

The Big Ragu gets 3.9 Hortons, Marty Galin gets 3.9 and the waitress who complimented my jacket gets 5.

0 comments:

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008