Wednesday, December 26, 2007

BOXING DAY

Today is Boxing Day in Canada and throughout the Commonwealth. Boxing Day originated in England when rich people decided to give gifts to the poor and their servants. Johnada's servants won't be getting any gifts today (they need be a little quicker with the Johnada's nightly Scotch), but we encourage you to be generous to your own help.

Boxing Day a big shopping day in Canada as well as a chance to watch the World Junior Hockey Championships. To celebrate Boxing Day in the U.S., Johnada is currently watching the World's Strongest Man competition with his father-in-law.
For those of you following along with the trip home, we will be relocating to Bourbonnais, IL tonight and for the next couple of days.

REMINDER: ONLY THREE DAYS LEFT TO VOTE FOR OUR CANADIAN HERO OF THE YEAR. IT'S REALLY CLOSE RIGHT NOW, SO BE SURE TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boxing day is named like that because you have to be a professional boxer to fight your way into Best Buy or Futurshop. Come on, everybody knows that!

(at least that's what I though when I first came here and my English wasn't that good :D )

Anonymous said...

I saw last year's World's Strongest Man, Phil Pfister, at the airport recently. Are you a fan?

Johnada said...

Zhu - Maybe next year I'll get to enjoy Boxing Day at Canadian stores. I feel like a missed out on the Canadian experience.

Anonymous - I don't know this Phil Pfister, but I must say I'm a fan of his name.

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008