Sunday, June 01, 2008

HOLLYWOOD KID - Welcome to the Danforth, Biyatch

About three weeks ago, my good friend Mikeanu from LA, who I hadn't seen in quite some time, came to visit Johnada. We were quite excited, because Johnada is not popular with the LA celebrities. We figured paparazzi would be following his every move, so I was dressed in my finest crotchless pants. It turns out, he's not famous. Disappointing to say the least, but I'm sure it won't be long before he's got is own reality show on E!

Anyway, we had quite an exciting time. He got to see a lot of Toronto, including Honest Eds, the Distillery District, Queen West and my office (which he said was the ultimate Toronto tourist destination). We toured the U of Toronto. We drank fancy Scotch. We 5 Pin Bowled. I'm proud to announce that I'm still undefeated (this includes beating Beernada soundly). We also taste tested Molson Canadian vs. Labatt Blue. I don't remember which beer won, but it's not my job to decide which is best.

And I talked Mikeanu into a trip to Jimmys; my first time there since November of last year. (The First Lady isn't so keen on Johnada annexing Jimmys all alone, so I can only go when there's another sucker around.) I have to admit the clientèle was a little on the freaky side that night. But like true inebriated soldiers, we persevered. We each got in two karaoke songs and a pitcher of Amber. The songs went well, but who knew "Walk the Line" was so fast and awkwardly paced? Apparently not Mikeanu.

The trip was capped with an early morning trip to Tim Hortons just before we dropped him off at the airport. This is a great way to send people off ... as the bad aftertaste of Timmie's coffee lingers, the memories of Johnada remain strong.

4 comments:

beaverboosh said...

Whoa dude, with that itinerary, I am booking my flight, before the prices go through the roof!

SMB said...

Sounds like a fine visit. Ready for some Jimmy's in a week or so?

Anonymous said...

I'm coming to Toronto this WE -- can you tell me how to get to your office? I don't wanna miss that!

Johnada said...

BB - Got to know what you would sing?

SMB - Ready!

Zhu - Sure, it's right next to Tim Horton's and across the street on one side is a Pizza Pizza and the other side is Second Cup. So I think it's pretty obvious now.

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008