Sunday, September 07, 2008

WELCOME TO CANADA COCOA KRISPIES

OR SHOULD I SAY RICE KRISPIES COCOA

Much to the dismay the The First Lady, they've only just introduced her favourite kind of cereal to Canada. In the U.S., we've had the potent sugary chocolate satisfaction that comes from Cocoa Krispies since my childhood. However, for some dumb reason they didn't have them in Canada before about two months ago. But when they introduced, them they didn't call them Cocoa Krispies, as they rightly should have. Instead they call them, Rice Krispies Cocoa. And they're definitely not as chocolately as they are in the States. Oh why, have you done this to my very pregnant wife Canada? All she wants is some good Cocoa Krispies and you go and taunt her like this.

Rice Krispies Cocoa get 2 Hortons. Good idea, bad execution.

P.S. The last couple of months have been a little extreme in the busy department, so I haven't been around here or there much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you a Dad yet? ;)

As a good French, I don't eat anything for breakfast, but cigarettes and café.

Anonymous said...

You know, Johnada, I am so glad to see that you are back. I missed your incisive analysis of issues critical to all Torontonian American ex-pats.

Johnada said...

Zhu - No baby yet, but it's getting close.

FSBBS - Are you available on Nov. 3? There's a concert I want to go to.

nomnom said...

I grew up in the Toronto area (born 1952) and always ate Cocoa Krispies (not cocoa puffs or cocoa pops).

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008