Wednesday, November 28, 2007

RANKING CANADIAN POTATO CHIPS - Smokin' Stampede

Johnada recently had to have a fitness evaluation as part of his new gym membership. Though Johnda looks okay from the exterior (he still puts the A in GTA), his interior seems to be deteriorating. It's partially his genes' fault that he can only do one pull up, but he's starting to think his potato chip intake may be at fault as well. So we will have to make our potato chip column a little less frequent. On a related note, look for our Ranking Canadian Soy Chips column starting soon.

Last time I risked my long term physical health on a President's Choice chip, the results were an unexpected delight. However, I'm no optimist when it comes to chips with Smokin' in the title, so I had more fear than excitement when I opened the extremely silver bag. It turns out Johnada's chip instincts were working because these chips were grotesque. To borrow a phrase popularized by Beernada, did someone just pass gas? These chips are smoky in all the wrong ways. It's like there's a party in my mouth, and the only people who could make it are chain smokers that drink Mickey's.

Smokin' Stampede get .4 Hortons because they are still better than the ketchup chips.

Current Standings:

  1. Lays Chili Garlic
  2. Lays Curry
  3. President's Choice General Tao Chicken
  4. Lays Sea Salt and Pepper
  5. Lays Smokey Bacon
  6. President's Choice Smokin' Stampede
  7. Lays Ketchup

4 comments:

beaverboosh said...

Johnada pal,
You need to check out these tatters from Denmark - http://www.kims-as.dk/index.dsp?area=74
Even better, these Norwegian home grown babies - http://www.sorlandschips.no/
They are tops and don't smell of passed gas or vomit!
Beaverboosh

Johnada said...

Oh man, those Sorland Chips look good. I'm especially interested to try the creme fraiche. Also, that's the best potato chip website I've ever seen.

SMB said...

Whoa! that might be the best website ever - not just the best potato chip website. I wish I spoke norwegian!

Anonymous said...

you're off your rocker.....these chips rock...I can't get enough!!!!!

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008